About Domestic Abuse
Domestic abuse can affect anyone regardless of age, sex, financial status, sexual orientation or race.
Some people don’t leave an abusive situation immediately because…
- They have a realistic fear that the abusive behavior will escalate and become fatal if they attempt to leave.
- Their friends and family may not support their leaving.
- If they leave, they face the difficulties of single parenting and having less money.
- Along with the manipulation, fear and intimidation, there is a mix of good times, love, and hope.
- They don’t have any information about or access to safety and support.
To learn more about domestic abuse, take our brief quiz and take a look at the facts, tips, and statistics. These are all created as handouts that you can print and share. Then contact us if you or someone you know needs help.