Domestic Violence Awareness Month
Painting Pima Purple for
Domestic Violence Awareness Month 2016
Knowledge is power – help spread awareness and increase safety by participating in Paint Pima Purple – a month-long campaign to raise awareness about domestic abuse in
partnership with Pima County Attorney’s Office.
Here are ways you can get involved:
Help Us Paint Pima Purple All October!
- Sign up to receive our educational eNews blasts
- Share the eNews installments with your family, friends & professional contactsIncludes eNews & Shareable Campaign
- Encourage your circles to wear purple on October 20th & send us your photos (send to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Book an appointment to get a purple hair extension for $10 at Salon Nouveau (Salon Nouveau will also donate $10. All proceeds come to Emerge!)
- Connect with us via social media & share our posts #PaintPimaPurple #DVAM16 #endDVtogether #CelebrateSurvivors
Wear Purple Day – October 20th, 2016
Join us on October 20th from 7am to 7pm at the Emerge! Voices Against Violence Site, 4101 E. 22nd Street. The event will include:
- Debut of the Emerge! Clothesline Project
- Wear Purple Photo Booth
- Tours of Voices Against Violence site
- Food truck lunch from 11am-2pm (Featuring Truck 54)
- Live broadcasts with local radio stations
- Donation drive for Starting Over Supplies for Emerge! participants (Click here for Wish List Items)
Pima County Attorney’s Office Lobby and Window display, 32 North Stone Ave. in downtown Tucson
For Domestic Violence Awareness Month, October, 2016, Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse is showcasing one art workshop the children and families participated in, called Resiliency Rainsticks. This art exhibit gives children and families the opportunity to share their experiences around strengths and resiliency, bringing greater awareness about domestic abuse to their community. To learn more about the Resiliency Rainsticks art exhibit, click here.