Providing information and support, we’re empowering people to confront domestic abuse.
We’re here to offer you options so that you can decide what’s best for you.
- Domestic abuse education
- Crisis intervention & Safety Planning
- 911 emergency cell phones
- Goal Planning Assistance
We also provide referrals for clothing, financial assistance, housing, employment, Department of Economic Security services, medical assistance, advocacy, parenting services, victim compensation, relocation, and Starting Over Supply kits.
Survivors Support Groups
Our support groups provide a safe place for survivors of domestic abuse – including their children – to receive support and education covering a wide variety of issues. Adults’ groups and Children’s groups are held at the same time. Participants must complete an intake before attending a support group session. Please call 520-881-7201 or 520-573-3637 to schedule an intake appointment.
Lay Legal Assistance
We provide lay legal advocacy services to help you work with the criminal justice system, including:
- Orders of protection and contested orders of protection
- Lawyer referrals
- Referrals to legal clinics
- Victims’ rights education
- Assistance with citizenship, naturalization, and Violence Against Women Act documentation
- Court preparation and accompaniment to Superior Court for issues such as divorce, paternity, annulment, legal separation, child custody, child visitation, and child support
Orders of Protection
Through innovative technology, we have equipped our outreach offices with web cameras to facilitate obtaining an order of protection from Tucson City Court and not requiring an individual to appear in court in person. An order of protection is a court order protecting the affected or injured party by prohibiting or restricting the offender from having contact with an individual or the individual’s children.